Thursday, October 4, 2012

Money box

Heya! We are half way through with our challenge at Crafty ribbons challenge blog (our current challenge is "anything but square"), so this gives you another week to enter your creations and to win some yummy dotty ribbons from Crafty ribbons. :) And as promised, today I will show you what I made for this challenge.

But before I do thist I just want to tell you that I will be very, very busy til October 23, so please forgive me if I don't visit your blog often (will try to pop in as often as I can, but I don't know how often this will be). After that date I will hopefully have a little bit more free time on my hands again.

And now really to my project ... ;) Remember I made a money box for my boyfriend's birthday? Well, I liked it a lot, so I decided to make one for me as well. :) And here's how it turned out ...

Front

Top

Again I used the Truffes box as a template. :) I really like the shape and it's so easy to trace it and put the box together again. I used this flowery paper from Folia that I've had in my stash for a while. Isn't it pretty? All around the box I glued this yummy brown ribbon from Crafty ribbons - you can find it here. I decorated the front page with TH fence die, Sizzix swirl die (I got a few of those cuts from Jasmina - thanks a lot girl!) and some handmade flowers. The swirl was cut from a white cardstock and I stamped over it with Stampabilities Faded text background stamp. The brown flowers were made with TH tattered florals die and the center one was just made with a round piece of cardstock - I inked the edges with TH brushed corduroy distress ink. The butterflies and flowers on the fence were made with my craft punch and I added some pearls from my stash to the center of the flowers. The little birdie is a stamp. The top I decorated with more flowers (these are Marianne design dies - I got those from Jasmina as well), some pearls for the center of the flowers, more swirls (these swirls are Marianne design dies as well) on which I also stamped with Stampabilities Faded text background stamp, M. Stewart butterfly punch and some more small butterflies.

I hope you like my today's project and that you will come and play with us. :)

Hugs! xx

I would like to enter my project to the following challenges:
The crafty pad: Floral
Papertake weekly: Anything goes
Hiding in my craft room: Freestyle: Anything goes
Live and love crafts: Halloween and/or autumn colours (I chose autumn colours)
Deep ocean challenge blog: More than two colours (I used brown, yellow, white ...)
Craft us crazy: Halloween or anything goes (I chose anything goes)
Penny's paper-crafty challenge blog: Die cuts and punches

15 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is just gorgeous hun! That will really tempt you to save your pennies, just so you can use the box. What a fabulous idea and such a pretty make. Love it. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo tele papirĨke imam pa tudi jaz ;) in res si jih lepo uporabila. LP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning is your money box love all of the embellis used x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Cebelica, love the paper and how you embellished the box with the pretty flowers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous hun...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stunning cebelica.your details are really pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! I love the colours!
    Thanks for playing in the Floral Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh this is so pretty! Love the little bird detail and the papers are just lush! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab money box Cebelica !! That foral paper is gorgeous !! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Love this adorable project, thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this forthnight :)

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful Cebelica - the flowers are just gorgeous and love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Love the papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Maja,
    It's not often we make something for ourselves, so well done you! Gorgeous project; is this where you'll keep the money to buy craft goodies? :-) Beautiful papers and design. Thanks for entering the LLC challenge this month!

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    P.S.Have you seen the THINK PINK Candy?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out beautifully and just love all of the flowers you've used in your design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation,
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Live & Love Crafts
    Hugs, Becky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)