Friday, August 15, 2014

Golden Christmas

Good morning! Just one more day and it's weekend again. Yay! Do you have any plans? I will probably just stay at home and have a 2 nice and relaxing days. That is, if there won't be any "surprises" (like running to the craft store to buy a new cutting machine). 

Yesterday something terrible happened - my Sizzix Big Shot "died" (or so I thought). :( It's been making some strange noises for the last month or so, but it was working normally, so I wasn't paying much attention to it. And yesterday I just couldn't roll it. It was completely jammed. And you know what this means, right? Yes, it was time to PANIC!!! But my sweetie came to the rescue. He took the machine apart and checked if there was something he could to make it work again. It looked like the gears were still ok so he just helped me clean and oil the machine. Then he put the machine back together and now it seems to be working again. Well, kind of. I can roll forwards, but when I try to roll it backwards, it still has some problems occasionally (but most of the time it seems ok). I'll have to wait and see what this means - when the machine is put to test this weekend. Fingers crossed I won't have to buy a new one (at least not just yet).

Anyways, I've been doing quite some crafting lately - mostly gift bags. And here's another Christmas one that I'd like to show you.


Yes, it's a bit different - it doesn't have a cute character in the middle. ;) Instead I used a Christmas tree rubber stamp and embossed it with Ranger's Queen's gold embossing powder and used that as my main image. The papers are from Papermania's First Noel collection. I used Spellbinders dies for the ovals and LLLC dies for (bigger) poinsettias. I drew the templates for the small poinsettias myself and then cut them out with scissors. I tried to make something similar to the LLLC poinsettias, but much smaller. I also added some sequins and bling to my bag. All of the ribbons I used came from the Crafty ribbons store.


Enjoy your Friday and have a wonderful weekend! Hugs! xx

I'd like to enter my bag to the following challenges:
Crafting from the heart: Anything goes
CRAFT challenge: Christmas
Through the craftroom door: Anything goes
Loves rubberstamps: Out of season
Crafty girls challenges: Anything goes
The crafter's cafe: Anything but a card
The squirrel and the fox: Anything goes
Natalie and Amy's challenge: Die cuts and flowers
Crafty calendar: Anything goes
Winter Wonderland: Anything goes

16 comments:

  1. Zelo lepa vrečka. Za mašinco pa upam, da bo opravila test :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uaaaau kako lepa vrečka, zelo čudovio okrašena! joj upam, da bo z big shotom vse ok, mene je tudi tega vedno strah, da mi ne bo kaj crknilo, ker brez njega sem mrzla ;) LP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift bag, Cebelica! Love the white poinsettias. I'm so Happy that you chose to join our Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craft Room Door. Good luck and I hope we see you again soon. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful is your bag and l'm loving all of the wonderful detail added x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely in gold. Thanks for joining our Out Of Season challenge at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, followed your thumbnail from Crafter's Cafe. Just gorgeous! What a beautiful colour palette and that tree is just stunning! Love your bling and poinsettias too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the focal that you chose for your project! The design is classy and elegant. Very nicely executed. Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautifully ornate bag. thank you for sharing at CFTH challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gift bag Cebelica, love the image and beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful gift bag, such an elegant design and colour scheme! I love the ornate tree. Sorry to hear about your die-cutting machine, I hope it lasts. Mine broke not so long ago and I couldn't craft until I got a new one!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous gift bag cebelica.really gorgeous design and the cream and gold is so classy :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cebelica, wow what a pretty Christmas project! LOve it!
    Great to see you at LOves Rubberstamps again,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous bag. I love the details in it. Thank you so much or playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. well hello there....Gorgeous Christmas card, thanks for sharing your fab christmas creation with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous.

    Thanks for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is gorgeous. A really beautiful gift bag.

    Thanks for joining in with our latest challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)