Thursday, October 29, 2015

Boo!

Hey, hey! How are you doing? I'm enjoying my free week. Can't believe it's almost over though. Where did the time go?! O.o 

Today I have a Halloween card to show you. Say WHAT?! Yup, you read that right - a Halloween card. You probably know that I am not a big fan of Halloween and that I usually don't do Halloween crafts, but yesterday my sweetie asked me if I could make a Halloween card for him. I was a bit surprised by his request, but of course I said I would do it. He asked me if I could include a witch, black cat and possibly even some pumpkins on the card. Oh, and he aslo asked that the card isn't cute. I put my thinking cap on and went to work. It proved to be quite a challenge, because I don't have a whole lot of Halloween stamps, dies or embellishments, but at least it got me thinking outside the box and put my creativity to test. ;) Here's what the card looks like ...

First I drew the template for the tree. None of those that I found on the internet were exactly what I wanted so I grabbed a pencil and drew one myself. I added some tiny pieces of cheesecloth on the branches for the spider webs. At the end I also wrote "boo" using my white pen. I made the pumpkins and bats templates myself as well. On top of each pumpkin I glued some googly eyes so it looks like as if someone is peeking from behind.


Pumpkins, bats and cat are raised on foam pads which gives the card some extra dimension.

I gave this card to my sweetie earlier today and he loved it. Yay! :D I'm glad I accepted his challenge as it was nice to make something different. 

Have a wonderful day! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Hiding in my craft room: Any holiday (Halloween)
Noor design: Halloween/Autumn
The ABC challenge: T is for two (2 pumpkins, 2 bats, 2 pairs of eyes)
Through the purple hazeHalloween/Magical
Die cuttin' divas: Happy Halloween
Papertake weekly: Take your pick (colour theme)
Deep ocean: Halloween
The paper shelter: Halloween
Inky chicks: Halloween

11 comments:

  1. I'm not big on Halloween either Cebelica but do love seeing what others made with those lovely colors and your has a wonderful glow to it and so detailed as well.

    Hope you are keeping well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. obožavam tvoju čestitku!
    pre super je!
    nadam se da si ti dobro i da uživaš u pripremama z novog člana vaše obitelji.
    pozdrav

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spooky creation - well done on creating the elements yourself. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maja, Hun this is fabulous. Love all the gorgeous details. Thanks for sharing it with us at TTPH this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn DT TTPH
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your fabulous Halloween card in our T for Two challenge. Love the atmospheric diecuts and the gorgeous orange background.

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow---that is wonderful! Thank you for joining us over on the HIMCR blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Cebelica! I love the Halloween scene you created. Thank you so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges.
    Karina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halloween cards are a challenge for me also. I am not a big fan but sometimes I do have to make one. Your card (don't tell your husband) is cute...love those eyes peeking out behind the pumpkins! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER! Good luck and please join us again. It is a treat to see your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever use of silhouettes and I love those little eyes on the top of the pumpkins. Thanks for entering the challenge at Through The Purple Haze, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)